Learn how to use Shazam on your iPhone to discover songs on TikTok, Instagram, or any other app you use.
Have you ever heard a song on TikTok or YouTube that caught your attention? For many, social media is finding new music. Using this simple technique, you can quickly recognize songs you hear while browsing social media on your iPhone and add them to your Spotify or Apple Music library.
First, you need to set up Shazam on your iPhone
First, take a few minutes to set up your iPhone to use Shazam to identify music and sync it to your favorite music streaming service.
If you haven’t already, download Shazam and install it on your iPhone. Then link your Spotify account to Shazam. If you don’t use Spotify, you can also link your Apple Music account to Shazam.
If you use another music service, that’s fine. Shazam will still identify the song, but it may not sync with your streaming service.
Next, add Shazam to your iPhone’s Control Center. To find it, go to your settings and select Control center.
The control center is divided Control included and: More control. Find on Shazam More control section and click green plus sign (+). You can then drag it to a more prominent location using the three line icon on the right side of your phone’s screen.
How easy Shazam is when browsing social media on your phone depends on the app you’re using. For example, some apps like YouTube use picture-in-picture, which makes it easy to open Shazam and play a song.
For TikTok, the process may be a little different and requires a bit of preparation. Sometimes it’s easier to use auto-Shazam and then play (or replay) the TikTok video.
Another quick way to identify a song is to use your iPhone’s Control Center like this:
- Open TikTok or another social media app on your iPhone.
- Find the song you want to recognize and start playing it.
- Open your control center. If you have an iPhone with Face ID, you can open Control Center by swiping down from the top-right corner of the screen. If your iPhone has Touch ID and a Home button, you can open Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Shazam icon.
- Close Control Center and return to the song.
- Wait a few minutes for Shazam to detect your song. You’ll get a notification when Shazam is done.
This will work on TikTok or another app you use, and it’s a quick way to Shazam music coming from your iPhone.
Never run out of new music!
With all the YouTube videos, Instagrams, and TikToks, you’ll never run out of new music, and chances are you might rediscover some classics you’ve never heard.