It’s an exciting day for the Philadelphia Phillies as they kick off International Song Day. January 15 marks the day the window opens for international prospects to sign with MLB organizations and begin their quest to make the major leagues.
Agreed ESPN’s Jesse SanchezThe Phillies agreed to terms with shortstop Jesus Caba, the No. 13 prospect, for $3 million.
Kaba has special skills as he has a 50 hit, power and arm tool while his run and field tool is rated at 55. Additionally, the shortstop is a switch hitter and could emerge as one of Philly’s best hitters. organization.
However, his best tools are in the outfield, and he projects to be an above-average defender with a big arm and good instincts at the position.
While Philadelphia didn’t have many top-50 prospects this offseason, Caba could very well prove to be the one they “needed” to sign. He plays a premium position at an above-average level.
More from SI’s Inside The Phillies.
- Phillies star Bryce Harper isn’t holding back his thoughts on Joe Girardi
- How Mike Trout Will Join the Phillies?
- Could Bryce Harper’s Favorite MLB Player Join the Philadelphia Phillies in 2023?
- Could The Phillies be playing at Wawa Park soon?
- Bryce Harper-obsessed Japanese baseball star wants to play for Phillies
- Six Philadelphia Phillies declare free agency
- The Phillies’ free agent target is rumored to have just opted out of his contract
- Jimmy Rollins describes Ryne Sandberg’s disrespectful attitude
- Phillies Release 2023 Regular Season Schedule
- Picking off the Phillies’ all-time single-season hitting streak
Make sure you follow Inside the Phillies Substack and: Twitter:!