Skip to content


Wayne Randazzo will not return to the Mets’ WCBS radio booth.

Randazzo, who became the play-by-play broadcaster in the Mets’ bullpen in 2019 while partnering with Huey Rose, is leaving, The Post’s Andrew Marchand confirmed Monday. Marchand adds that Randazzo is expected to become the main television voice of the Angels, but nothing has been signed yet.

Newsday’s Neil Best first broke the news of Randazzo’s departure.

Randazzo, 38, grew up outside of Chicago. From 2012-14, he called games for the Kane County Cougars, currently a minor league affiliate of the Diamondbacks but formerly an affiliate of the Royals and Cubs.

Randazzo has also called college baseball and softball games on the Big Ten Network.

When asked to describe his broadcasting style, Randazzo told The Post in 2019 how he’s “pretty straightforward.”

“I like to break down and get into analytics a little bit more because teams rely on them more. … I just love baseball more than anything. I know there are some announcers, without naming names, who may have a different take on the game when it changes, and I love baseball the way it is. As a steward for a particular game that day, I plan to write 162 love letters, and I hope that my joy in baseball circles will reach the fans who are listening,” he said at the time.

Wayne Randazzo (left) leaves the Mets’ WCBS radio booth.
Getty Images:

It is not immediately known who will be Randazzo’s successor in the Mets booth.

Jake Eisenberg, who filled in for some games on Mets radio broadcasts last year, recently took a job with the Royals.

.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *