Skip to content


  • The Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office has accused Tori Lanez of shooting Megan T. Stallion.
  • Lanez’s trial began on Monday and Meghan’s former bodyguard was due to testify on Friday.
  • Meghan’s lawyer confirmed to Insider that her former bodyguard Justin Edison was nowhere to be found.

Megan T. Stallion’s former bodyguard is missing after failing to testify Friday at Tori Lanez’s trial for the shooting, her attorney told Insider.

“I can confirm that Justin Edison, Meghan’s bodyguard, is scheduled to testify in court, has failed to appear and is now missing,” Meghan’s attorney Alex Spiro told Insider. “Law enforcement agencies are investigating the incident,” he added.

Edison’s last Instagram post is dated December 2. In addition to working as a bodyguard, he is a certified physical trainer, according to his page. Details of when and where he was last seen are unclear.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office has accused Lanez, whose real name is Daystar Peterson, of shooting Meghan in the legs in the early morning hours of July 12, 2020, after a small gathering at Kylie Jenner’s home. The “Luv” rapper has denied firing the shots. Megan, whose real name is Megan Pitt. The other two people present at the incident are Kelsey Harris, Megan’s former best friend and former assistant, and Lanez’s driver, Jaukan Smith.

Prosecutors and the defense team agree that an argument broke out in the car as the group left Jenner’s home, though they have given conflicting accounts.

While Edison was not present on the night of the conflict, Harris sent him a message from the car. “Help me. Tori shot Meg. to 911,” prosecutors said in court this week.

The day after the shooting, Edison went to the Lanez home to pick up Megan’s belongings, Deputy District Attorney Alexander Bott said in opening statements Monday. Bott said Edison told prosecutors that Lanez admitted he was “extremely intoxicated” and fired shots into the air and into the ground the night of the incident.

A post shared by ✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿 (@justwatchprotection)

Lanes was charged with assault with a semi-automatic firearm, personal use of a firearm and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle. Earlier this month, Lanez also faced a new charge of grossly negligent discharge of a firearm in connection with the conflict.

Lanes has pleaded not guilty. If convicted, Lanes faces up to 22 years in prison.

Megan testified Tuesday that Lanez shot her. He said he initially lied about what happened because of his fear and distrust of the police and because he didn’t think the “big boy’s club” music industry would believe him.

“When I got out of the car, I heard Tori say, ‘Dance, stain,'” Megan said in her testimony, adding that the shooting started immediately. “I’m frozen, I’m in shock, I’m scared, I can’t believe he’s shooting at me.”

The trial will resume on Monday.

The LAPD and Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment.



Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *