Welcome to San Diego Comic-Con, have a look around, anything that brain of yours can think of can be found. We’ve got mountains of content, some better, some worse. If none of it’s of interest to you, you’d be the first! We’ve got a brand new edition of Under the Tents for you, full of artists, comic book companies, a screening, a chance to attend after-parties (if you have deep pockets), and more.
Let’s take a look at the news you might have missed:
- The account for artist Alex Ross showed off a new original art paying tribute to the Captain America that will be heading to San Diego Comic-Con.
- Everything, Everywhere, All At Once, Shang-Chi, Ultraman… These are a few of our favorite things. And they’re also things that are found in artist Patrick Ballesteros’ latest art tease.
- We could all use a little more May in May. Ballesteros also gave a peek at one of his Mini Originals for the con.
- The exhibit floor map for San Diego Comic-Con has not yet been publicly announced, but the puzzle pieces are starting to come together. Project Naosis was very excited to reveal they got accepted to the convention.
- Just what do Z2 Comics have brewing for San Diego Comic-Con? Well, we’re not entirely certain, but we know it involves vampires and spaghetti, so we are in.
- What’s pink, purple, sparkly, and possibly heading to San Diego Comic-Con? These Toratai molds, which artist Priscilla Wilson showed off. Would you like to see a run of these beautiful pearlized variants at the con? Be sure to let her know.
- Simply Human Project, a non-profit which provides outreach, housing and services to unsheltered individuals and families, is auctioning off a set of 4-day badges to San Diego Comic-Con, as well as access for two “exclusive Comic-Con” parties. They do not list which, but promise you’ll get to choose from “four terrific options”. Bidding is live now through May 16.
- We love the art of Monkey Minion – and we also love exclusives that are actually about San Diego Comic-Con. Put the two together, and you’ve already got an immediate winner. So when are we seeing that final piece, huh, Dane?
- Can’t wait to see all the exclusives? Well Diwata Komiks can not wait to tell you all about the exclusives! The Filipino-American indie comics company will be doing a variant cover for The Wrathborn Goddess for SDCC by artist diwatero.
- Panel announcements – they’re coming! Eventually. For now, we’re excited to see that the short film The Bee will be screening at this year’s con. The short follows a girl, Sydney, who dresses up like a bee to fight crime, but to reach her full potential she must first overcome a tragic event from her past.
- Meloria Maille, who combines metal, chic, and all things geek, will be exhibiting at SDCC this summer. Go congratulate them!
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line, or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.
If you missed our previous Under the Tents 2022 posts, you can find them HERE.