Shakira has caused quite a stir with her latest song, where the lyrics appear to be aimed at her ex Gerard Pique.
The Colombian musician split from the former Barcelona player in June 2022 amid rumors of Pique’s infidelity.
In a new track produced with Argentinian DJ Bizarrap titled ‘BZRP Music Sessions #53’, Shakira appeared to take aim at her former partner of 11 years.
The lyrics make thinly veiled references to Pique, as well as his new girlfriend, Clara Chia Marti.
Here are eight of the wildest dialects on the road…
1. “So much talk about being a champion / And when I needed you, you gave me the worst version of you.”
2. “I’m sorry baby, I should have kicked you out a while ago / A wolf like me ain’t for newbies”
3. “This is for you to catch a cold / Chew and swallow, swallow and chew”
4. “I’m only making music, sorry it blew you away”
As sung in Spanish, this line goes, “Yo solo hago música, perdón que te salpique,” making the last word (salpique) a pun on Pique’s name.
5. “You left me with my mother-in-law as my neighbor / the media at my door and in debt to the government.”
The line is a clear reference to Shakira’s legal battle over alleged tax fraud (which she has denied).
6. “He’s got a good man’s name / It’s obviously not what it sounds like.”
The Spanish word for clear, claramente, is used here as an obvious pun on Clara Chia Marti, with Shakira voicing the word to emphasize this.
7. “I’m worth two out of 22 / You traded a Ferrari for a Twingo / You traded a Rolex for a Casio.”
Pique’s new girlfriend, who is currently 23, is said to have started seeing the footballer when he turned 22. The lyric also alludes to Pique’s goal celebration, in which he makes two with both hands in tribute to his and Shakira’s match together. birthday on February 2.
8. “There’s a lot of time in the gym, but your brain needs a little work, too.”
Pique has not yet reacted to the new song. The Independent A representative has been contacted for comment.