As per DelveInsight, the Geographic Atrophy Market is expected to grow significantly in the upcoming years owing to expected launch and readily uptake of emerging therapies along with premium price agents like gene therapies, increasing prevalent patient pool and better understanding about pathophysiology, disease severity which might open the door for other companies as well.
Currently, there are no approved treatments present for Geographic Atrophy. Several therapies which reached the advanced stage of development are already failed; however, currently, several therapies are in the pipeline to prevent the progression of Geographic Atrophy.
DelveInsight’s “Geographic Atrophy Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast 2032” report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the Geographic Atrophy market size, share, trends, and growth opportunities in the seven major markets (7MM) [i.e., the United States, the EU-4 (Italy, Spain, France, and Germany), the United Kingdom, and Japan].
The Geographic Atrophy market report covers emerging drugs, current treatment practices, market share of individual therapies, and current & forecasted market size from 2019 to 2032. It also evaluates the current treatment practice/algorithm, key drivers & barriers impacting the market growth, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assess the underlying potential of the market.
Geographic Atrophy: An Overview
Geographic Atrophy (GA) is an advanced form of age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Macular degeneration, also called age-related macular degeneration (AMD or ARMD) is a medical condition that may result in blurred or no vision in the center of the visual field. There are two basic types of macular degeneration: “dry” and “wet.”
Geographic Atrophy typically starts in the perifoveal region and expands to involve the fovea with time, leading to central scotomas and permanent loss of visual acuity. It is bilateral in most cases. According to the “American Macular Degeneration Foundation,” approximately 85–90% of the cases of macular degeneration are the “dry” (atrophic) type. Over 8 million people are affected worldwide with GA, approximately 20% of all individuals with AMD.
Geographic Atrophy Market Key Facts
- The Geographic Atrophy market dynamics are anticipated to change in the coming years owing to the improvement in the diagnosis methodologies, growing awareness about the disease, incremental healthcare spending across the world, and the expected launch of emerging therapies during the forecast period.
- As per DelveInsight’s assessment, in the year 2021, the total prevalent case of Geographic Atrophy were around 3 Million in the 7MM. These cases are expected to grow with a significant CAGR in the study period 2019–2032.
- In the 7MM, the total diagnosed cases of Geographic Atrophy were 2,822,000+ in 2021.
- In the US, the total geographic atrophy cases by visual impairment were 411,000+, 686,000+, and 274,000+ cases for mild, moderate to severe, and patients going for surgery or having legal blindness, respectively, in 2021.
- Globally, several key players such as Apellis Pharmaceuticals (Pegcetacoplan), Iveric bio (Zimura), Genentech/ Roche (RO7171009; RG6147), Ionis Pharmaceuticals/ Roche (IONIS-FB-LRx), NGM Biopharmaceuticals (NGM621), Stealth BioTherapeutics (Elamipretide), Regenerative Patch Technologies (CPCB-RPE1), CellCure Neurosciences/ Lineage Cell Therapeutics/ Roche (OpRegen), Novartis (PPY988/GT005), Regenerative Patch Technologies (CPCB-RPE1), Luxa Biotechnology (RPESC-RPE-4W) and others are involved in developing treatments for Geographic Atrophy.
- In July 2022, Apellis Pharmaceuticals announced that the US FDA has accepted and granted Priority Review designation for the intravitreal pegcetacoplan New Drug Application (NDA).
- In October 2022, NGM Bio announces topline results from the CATALINA Phase II Trial of NGM621 in Patients with Geographic Atrophy (GA) Secondary to Age-Related Macular Degeneration. The trial did not meet the primary endpoint of a statistically significant rate of change in the Geographic Atrophy lesion area using slope analysis over 52 weeks for NGM621 versus sham.
- On December 20, 2022, IVERIC bio, Inc. (Nasdaq: ISEE) announced that it has submitted to the US FDA the third and final part of its New Drug Application (NDA) for rolling review of avacincaptad pegol (ACP), a novel investigational complement C5 inhibitor for the treatment of geographic atrophy (GA) secondary to Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD).
Learn How Geographic Atrophy Market Will Evolve by 2032 @ Geographic Atrophy Therapeutics Market
The market outlook section of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historical, current and forecasted Geographic Atrophy market size by analyzing the impact of current and emerging pipeline therapies. It also provides a thorough assessment of the market drivers & barriers, unmet needs, and emerging technologies set to impact the market dynamics.
The report gives complete detail of the Geographic Atrophy market trend for each marketed drug and mid & late-stage pipeline therapies by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, their Mechanism of Action (MOA), Route of Administration (ROA), molecule types, competition with other therapies, brand value, and their impact on the market.
Geographic Atrophy Epidemiology Assessment
The epidemiology section provides insights into the historical, current, and forecasted epidemiology trends in the seven major countries (7MM) from 2019 to 2032. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted epidemiology trends by exploring numerous studies and research. The epidemiology section also provides a detailed analysis of diagnosed and prevalent patient pools, future trends, and views of key opinion leaders.
The Report Covers the Geographic Atrophy Epidemiology Segmented by –
- Total Prevalent Cases of Geographic Atrophy in the 7MM [2019–2032]
- Total Geographic Atrophy Cases by Visual Impairment in the 7MM [2019–2032]
- Total Diagnosed cases of Geographic Atrophy in the 7MM [2019–2032]
- Total Diagnosed cases of Geographic Atrophy by Age Distribution in the 7MM [2019–2032]
- Treated cases of Geographic Atrophy in the 7MM [2019–2032]
The drugs’ uptake section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched in the Geographic Atrophy market or expected to get launched during the study period. The analysis covers the Geographic Atrophy market uptake by drugs, patient uptake by therapies, and sales of each drug. Moreover, the therapeutics assessment section helps understand the drugs with the most rapid uptake and the reasons behind the maximal use of the drugs. Additionally, it compares the drugs based on market share.
The report also covers the Geographic Atrophy pipeline development activities. It provides valuable insights about different therapeutic candidates in various stages and the key companies involved in developing targeted therapeutics. It also analyzes recent developments such as collaborations, acquisitions, mergers, licensing patent details, and other information for emerging therapies.
Geographic Atrophy Therapeutics Analysis
As per DelveInsight’s assessment, there are approx. 23+ key companies developing therapies for Geographic Atrophy. Currently, IVERIC bio is leading the therapeutics market with its Geographic Atrophy drug candidates in the most advanced stage of clinical development.
Key Companies in the Geographic Atrophy Therapeutics Market Include:
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals
- IVERIC bio
- Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- NGM Biopharmaceuticals
- Annexon Inc.
- Alexion AstraZeneca Rare Disease
- ONL Therapeutics
- Alkeus Pharmaceuticals
- Regenerative Patch Technologies, LLC
- Astellas Pharma Inc
- Gemini Therapeutics
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Cell Cure Neurosciences LTD
- Stealth BioTherapeutics Inc.
- Hemera Biosciences LLC
- Gyroscope Therapeutics Limited
- Nanoscope Therapeutics, Inc.
- Catalyst Biosciences
And Many Others
- Pegcetacoplan: Apellis Pharmaceuticals
- Zimura: Iveric bio
- RO7171009/RG6147: Genentech/ Roche
- IONIS-FB-LRx: Ionis Pharmaceuticals/Roche
- NGM621: NGM Biopharmaceuticals
- Elamipretide: Stealth BioTherapeutics
- CPCB-RPE1: Regenerative Patch Technologies
- OpRegen: CellCure Neurosciences/ Lineage Cell Therapeutics/ Roche
- PPY988/GT005: Novartis
- CPCB-RPE1: Regenerative Patch Technologies
- RPESC-RPE-4W: Luxa Biotechnology
And Many More
Further Emerging Drugs & Key Companies are Covered in the Report. Download the Sample PDF to Learn More @ Geographic Atrophy Therapeutics Landscape
Scope of the Geographic Atrophy Market Report:
- Study Period – 2019-2032
- Base Year – 2019
- Geography Covered – 7MM [the United States, the EU-4 (Italy, Spain, France, and Germany), the United Kingdom, and Japan].
- Key Companies In the Market Include – Iveric Bio (formerly Ophthotech Corporation), Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Annexon Inc., Genentech, Alexion AstraZeneca Rare Disease, ONL Therapeutics, Alkeus Pharmaceuticals, Regenerative Patch Technologies, LLC, Astellas Pharma Inc, Gemini Therapeutics, Boehringer Ingelheim, Cell Cure Neurosciences LTD, Stealth BioTherapeutics Inc., Hemera Biosciences LLC, Gyroscope Therapeutics Limited, Eyevensys, Nanoscope Therapeutics, Inc., Catalyst Biosciences, Novartis, and others.
- Competitive Intelligence Analysis – SWOT Analysis, PESTLE Analysis, Porter’s Five Forces, BCG Matrix, Market Entry Strategies
Table of Content
|4||Geographic Atrophy Competitive Intelligence Analysis|
|5||Geographic Atrophy Market Overview at a Glance|
|6||Geographic Atrophy Disease Background and Overview|
|7||Geographic Atrophy Patient Journey|
|8||Geographic Atrophy Epidemiology and Patient Population (In the US, EU5, and Japan)|
|9||Geographic Atrophy Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices|
|10||Geographic Atrophy Unmet Needs|
|11||Key Endpoints of Geographic Atrophy Treatment|
|12||Geographic Atrophy Marketed Products|
|13||Geographic Atrophy Emerging Drugs and Latest Therapeutic Advances|
|14||Geographic Atrophy Seven Major Market Analysis|
|16||Geographic Atrophy Market Outlook (In US, EU5, and Japan)|
|17||Geographic Atrophy Access and Reimbursement Overview|
|18||KOL’s Views on the Geographic Atrophy Market|
|19||Geographic Atrophy Market Drivers|
|20||Geographic Atrophy Market Barriers|
Download Sample PDF to Explore More About the Key Offerings of the Report @ Geographic Atrophy Therapeutics Market Assessment 2032
Geographic Atrophy (GA) Epidemiology Forecast
“Geographic Atrophy (GA) Epidemiology Forecast 2032” report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical, and forecasted epidemiology of Geographic Atrophy (GA) Epidemiology in the 7MM.
Geographic Atrophy (GA) Pipeline Insight
“Geographic Atrophy – Pipeline Insight, 2023,” report provides comprehensive insights about 23+ companies and 25+ drugs in the Geographic Atrophy pipeline landscape. Some of the key companies in the Geographic Atrophy (GA) Market include Ionis Pharmaceuticals, IVERIC bio, Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Annexon Inc., Genentech, Alexion AstraZeneca Rare Disease, ONL Therapeutics, Alkeus Pharmaceuticals, Regenerative Patch Technologies, Astellas Pharma, and others.
Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) Market Outlook
‘Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast – 2032’ report deliver an in-depth understanding of the Age-related Macular Degeneration, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Age-related Macular Degeneration market trends.
Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) Epidemiology Forecast
“Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) Epidemiology Forecast 2032” report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical, and forecasted epidemiology of AMD Epidemiology in the 7MM.
Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) Pipeline Insight
“Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) Pipeline Insights, 2023” report by DelveInsight outlays comprehensive insights into the present clinical development scenario and growth prospects across the Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) market.
Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration (Wet AMD) Market Outlook
“Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration (Wet AMD) Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast – 2032” report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Wet AMD, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Wet AMD market trends.
Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration (Wet AMD) Pipeline Insight
“Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration (Wet-AMD) Pipeline Insight, 2023,” report provides comprehensive insights about 70+ companies and 80+ drugs in the Wet-AMD pipeline landscape. Some of the key companies in the Wet AMD therapeutics Marek include Opthea Limited, Outlook Therapeutics, Kodiak Sciences, Regenxbio, Dobecure, Gemini Therapeutics, Huabo Biopharm, Isarna Therapeutics, IVERIC bio (formerly Ophthotech Corporation), Tasly Pharmaceutical Group, Ribomic, Innovent Biologics, GrayBug Vision, and others.
Dry AMD Market Outlook
“Dry AMD Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast – 2032” report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Dry AMD, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Dry AMD market trends.
Dry AMD Pipeline Insight
“Dry AMD Pipeline Insights, 2023” report by DelveInsight outlines comprehensive insights into the present clinical development scenario and growth prospects across the Dry AMD market.
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance.
Manager (Marketing & Branding)
Healthcare Consulting | Healthcare Market Research Report